DBA Sybase, SQLServer, Oracle (for US based) - Repost by John
This project received 5 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $531 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
READ those details and if you have what it takes to be one of us, let me know and send your CV or Resume to: [Removed by [url removed, login to view] admin due to violations of the site Terms and Conditions.] with the SUBJECT of My Info for DBA Sybase, SQLServer, Oracle (for US BASED).
The DBA will be responsible for maintaining the integrity and functionality of multiple databases as we migrate applications to new platforms. This is a challenging position in a fast-paced environment. Some of the things that a DBA would be required to do include exploring a new databases for a new products, developing and implementing plans to migrate those databases, determining obstacles to those goals and overcoming them.
As a DBA you would work with a team of intelligent, motivated people from all over the world with the common goal of implementing the newest technology.
To qualify for this position, you must have:
- Experience with Oracle and SQL Server
- Experience with the Linux Operating System
- Experience installing and configuring database software on Windows and Linux platforms
- Detailed understanding of rdbms concepts such as relationships, indexing, storage requirements, etc.
- Knowledge of database character sets, collations, etc.
- Experience backing up and restoring databases
- Thorough understanding of database datatypes
- Experience in unload and load data methods supported by various databases
- Knowledge of coding sub programs like stored procedures, functions, packages, triggers, etc.
It would be a plus if you are also familiar with:
- Sybase ASE
- User and security management in databases - creating users, roles, assigning privileges, etc.
- ETL tools like Kettle, CloverETL, others
- Version control software like Subversion
- Automation of any of the above
This is a full-time position, open only to candidates living in the United States, paying $30/hour (with a $1200 fixed-price payment for a trial job if that trial leads us to hire you).
We work with you through one of several approved staffing and payment platforms which will charge a percentage fee on your gross earnings. For United States citizens and permanent residents, your net pay will be $24/hour to cover the cost of W-2 processing.
How to qualify:
Show us who you are. We need verifiable identification, online skills tests, and a brief Skype video interview. Sorry, this part is not paid, but it won’t last more than a week, and if you've got the motivation, you’ll be done in a few hours.
Try out the job. During a one-week fixed-price trial assignment, prove to us that we should give you the full-time position of 40 hours/week at the job’s hourly rate.
How to start:
We’ll make you a fixed-price offer to start qualifying, and you’ll get detailed instructions as soon as you accept this offer for the test phase. (This is not the paid part, but it’s how we get you into the appropriate recruiting team room.)
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online