Project Administrator (Basecamp)
This project received 18 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $19 USD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
We need an agency / team or individual contributor to gather requirements, coordinate resources, & maintain internal project steps & timelines in Basecamp. Test projects will be 5-10 hours; ongoing work half time & potential for successful participants will include full-time employment.
The client for this project is a US-based sourcing advisor for IT infrastructure. The client’s executive staff is managing dozens of small internal & external projects & needs these activities to be coordinated in Basecamp. The business goal is to be able to predict estimated delivery time for any project that takes more than 1 day as accurately as possible at any given time without imposing a major administrative burden on the exec team & staff.
Initial contract will be project-based for 5-10 hours to build Basecamp templates for repeatable project workflow. Steady state is expected to be half-time on an hourly basis. Long run prospects include joining the customer-facing delivery team full time as project manager &/or business analyst.
Your job will be to:
• Maintain project-related Basecamp functionality & content (to-dos, etc.)
o Research & recommend tools to augment Basecamp for better project management
o Develop & maintain project progress / success metrics & reports
o Synchronize content from other systems into Basecamp
• Maintain a prioritized list of major internal & external projects
o Keep track of non-movable / external deadlines & update project priority daily to meet them
o Keep track of movable / internal deadlines & update based on assigned priority, resource availability, & progress to date
o On a regular basis, collect information on project progress & update target timelines from project owner
o Document delays & causes of delays
• Gather requirements & project timelines for each new major project:
o Work with project requester to collect project requirements via phone, skype, e-mail, etc. , validate that request has been transcribed correctly & publish them in Basecamp using a pre-defined format.
o Identify a project owner either via assignment by project requester or soliciting volunteers
o Contact the project owner and other project participants if any to identify steps required; arrive at a total time estimate for the project
o Obtain a preliminary prioritization vs. other key pending tasks with input from project requester & project owner
o Based on the project’s labor requirements & prioritization, estimate a due date & get it confirmed by the project owner
o Validate that the due date is acceptable to the project requester
o Map the final project schedule into Basecamp
• Document processes & vocabulary
o Create a step by step workflow for the above tasks
o Create & maintain a dictionary of client-specific terminology
o Build templates in Basecamp for repeated tasks
Qualifications – Required Minimums
• Excellent spoken & written English
• Ability to think analytically & add structure to requests
• Familiarity w/IT infrastructure & related disciplines (data center / co-location, managed hosting, cloud computing, bandwidth / networking, content delivery, etc.)
• Availability during US working hours
Qualifications – Preferred Experience / Background
• Previous project administration / management &/or requirements gathering experience
o Example job titles: project manager, project administrator, business analyst
• In-depth knowledge of Basecamp & extensions / add-ons
• Experience working with busy executives & adapting to their working modes / styles
• Experience working with small firms / startups without established structure / process
• MS Office applications
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online