Formal Specification and Software Implementation
This project has been awarded to JonnaNueros121 for $65 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $100 USD
there is an attached folder for the first part and its solution ... in this job you have to specify and implement the part 1 ...
This is the second part of the module coursework. It is an individual work which is based on the same business case used in the previous coursework. Now you are asked to develop a fragment of the software system which can solve the problem outlined in the business case using some of the patterns considered in the module. Brief report describing the work must be uploaded to WebLearn by the deadline,. The software must be handed over on a CD during the demonstration.
3. Instructions for the software implementation
• You have to choose one subsystem to work on – Customers, Flights or Accommodations. The software you will develop in this part of the coursework will become a part of the implementation of the whole system and must correspond to the software architecture specified.
• You can choose to develop a vertical prototype (one major functionality only – i.e., booking a flight) or horizontal prototype of the chosen subsystem (one layer only – i.e., interface layer). If you chose horizontal prototype, you must prototype the entire interface of the whole subsystem (windows, visual components and event listeners) so that they can log the events in a log file without processing them. If you prefer to develop a vertical prototype instead, you must implement the entire functionality of one operation (i.e., entering data using the visual interface on the client, connecting to the server and storing the data in the database).
• You have to choose appropriate design pattern to implement (i.e., observer pattern in the case of horizontal prototype for observing the input events, broker pattern in the case of vertical prototype for brokering the database connections, or MVC-architecture in the case of full technological prototype)
• You must implement the software using Java and suitable IDE (i.e., NetBeans, Eclipse, JDeveloper, etc). As a Web/Application server you can use Tomcat, as a DBMS you can use Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server or MS Access, equipped with a suitable JDBC driver.
• While developing your software you must follow the practices and the standards in Software Engineering for designing, implementing and documenting the code
• Your software must be handed over on a CD containing two separate folders – one folder containing deployment version of the prototype with installation instructions (how to run it) and a separate folder with all sources used to create the prototype with configuration instructions (how to develop it)
All your choices must be approved by the tutor before you start working on the prototype.
4. Instructions for preparation of the report
Your report does not have a fixed structure but must contain sufficient information on the following: description and justification of the use of design patterns in the prototype, description and demonstration of the implemented functionality, specification and analysis of the test results. It must not exceed 1500 words.
• Individual report –
• Software implementation –
Requirements to be included with the final deliverable :
Description and justification of the use of design patterns
Description of the implemented functionality with screenshots
Description of the test cases, specification of the test data and analysis of the test results
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online