The Alternative-Beaconsfield Heritage Train Station Farmer's Market
This project received 1 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $15 CAD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
Beaconsfield Farmer's Market is scheduled to officially open on Thursday, August 16th, 2012 and runs every Thursday from 3:30PM to 7:30PM until November 1st at the Beaconsfield Heritage Train Station located at 104 Elm Street, Beaconsfield, Quebec.
This is a part-time, weekly internship, co-operative education, volunteer opportunity leading to part-time/full-time career related employment or independent management contract and consulting annual contract starting as early as Thursday, August 9th, 2012.
The Volunteer reports to the non-profit community group Board of Directors and is responsible for the weekly management and administration of a weekly outdoor and indoor Farmers MarketSquare by:
• attending every weekly market between August 9th to November 1st
• overseeing set up 30 minutes before the market opens and remaining until the end of clean-up at 8PM
• receiving vendors and assisting them as needed with stall locations
• directing the set up of the Market and community information tables, banners and other Market day materials
• managing on-site assistants and volunteers
• providing Market information to shoppers and vendors
• dealing with minor conflicts
• making weekly bank deposits
• submitting weekly cash, sales, and market attendance reports
• working as part of a management team contributing to the overall success
• up to 10 hours per weekly, including up to 5 hours onsite and 1 hour per weekday promoting and building support for the market in the community, ongoing recruitment of vendors, updating social networks, website & hosting outreach activities on occasional weekends
• has excellent written and oral communication skills - a written report will be required at the end of the season
• is creative, enthusiastic and organized
• has a positive attitude and enjoys working with and motivating a team
• can set limits with others and say “no” with diplomacy
• can think on her/his feet and make decisions on-the-fly
• is self-directed and is open to direction from a volunteer Board of Directors• has experience planning, promoting and/or implementing special events
• has regular access to a computer, ideally a laptop and smartphone with video/pic capabilities, has experience with Word and Excel
• enjoys working outdoors regardless of the weather conditions
• has a current Quebec Drivers License and access to a vehicle
• have certified training or willing to be trained and certified for Basic First Aid
• interest in promoting local, urban-agriculture, organic foods, nutritious and healthy quick to make easy meals and to improve local food distribution to local families with young children
• knowledge of the West Island towns, villages and municipal regional parks
• experience in volunteer recruitment & management
• grant writing experience
The Board of Directors is committed to helping qualified Volunteers secure meaningful employment opportunities.
To apply, send us your resume and cover letter, via email to . It’s helpful if you put your name and Volunteer in the title of the document.
Deadline: Monday, August 6th, 2012
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online