Law Questions (English Legal System)
This project was awarded to writingspirit for $55 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $65 USD
Four questions need to be answered on English Legal System. Each answer may be of about 600 words each. There is no need to reference work or provide a bibliography. However, the work needs to be as accurate as possible and include case/statute as necessary. I wouls provide some relevant notes that will provide a guide to the chosen freelancer. Only freelancers who have done LL.B or LL.M and have a sound knowledge of English legal system may bid for it. Following are the questions:
1. Explain how a court may avoid an awkward precedent.
2. Explain how a court may avoid an awkward precedent.
3. How do judges go about the interpretation of statutes?
4. PC Gasson and PC John were policing a major anti education cuts demonstration in Hyde Park. It had escalated into a running battle between the police and demonstrators. They observed a young man running away from the crowd holding what they thought was a police truncheon. They gave chase and caught up with him. In fact the man was holding a cardboard tube. PC Gasson asked him his name which he refused to give however he did say that he was an art student rushing to a lecture. PC John said ‘a likely story’ and searched him.
PC John found a number of tubes about the man and said ‘Glue sniffer you’re coming with us’. At the police station PC Gasson and PC John ascertained the name of the student Che Smith. Smith asked to make a phone call and requested a lawyer. PC Gasson said ‘subversives like you are a serious threat to society’ and denied his request. Smith was placed in a cell and for the next five hours questioned without break by PC Gasson and John. Under pressure and a promise by PC John that he could go home Smith confessed to drug abuse.
Advise Smith on the legality of the behaviour of the police.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online