Proofreading: check for English grammar & Punctuation errors.
This project was successfully completed by FreelanceEditor for $90 AUD in 3 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 AUD
Completed In3 days
I am looking for a professional who is an expert in the English Language.
To go over my report and check for
i. English grammar
iii. The flow of sentences and
iv. re-adjust sentences for better flow.
v. To change words or use different words to provide direct message.
vi. To insure the paragraph flow one to the other.
In details are:
1. Spelling – Check for misspelled words.
2. Misused Words – Review a running list of words you’re prone to misuse (even if they’re typos). For example: it’s vs. its, your vs. you’re, their vs. there, and a vs. an.
3. Apostrophes – Look for all non-possessive plural nouns (ensure there’s no apostrophe) as well as review contractions or possessive nouns for apostrophe usage.
4. Commas – Review for comma splices (a comma joining two independent clauses without the presence of a coordinating conjunction) as well as revise commas used in a series.
5. Colons and Semicolons – Check colons for introducing long quotes, announcements, and introducing a series without expressions such as namely, that is, etc. Fix comma splices by joining independent clauses with a semicolon when stylistically correct.
6. Dashes and Hyphens – Ensure dashes are not excessively used and they maintain a space on either side. Check whether your compound modifiers are using hyphens correctly (no space on either side).
7. Other Punctuation – Review for excessive exclamation points and ellipses as well as period usage relative to quotation marks.
8. Run-on Sentences – Find every occurrence of coordinating conjunctions – e.g., and, but, or, and yet – and revise any run-on sentences.
9. Sentence Structure – Check for unclear syntax and unnecessary passive voice.
10. Asides – Check parentheticals and adjust sentences to ensure they’re used only when absolutely necessary.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online