We have a large OCR and Proofreading project. We need the attached PDF: 1) OCR'ed and 2) Proofread or checked for mistakes.
As future projects, we have 66 books and 31,500 pages. We're looking for someone to work with long term on OCR/Proofreading projects. We can do each book as a project here if you like.
1) Bad (false) line breaks removed.
2) Page headers, footers, and page numbers removed.
3) Real paragraph breaks retained.
4) Text indents retained
5) Bold and italics retained
6) Reasonable effort at proofreading and correcting mistakes.
7) Deliverable in any standard word processing format such as: RTF, DOC, DOCX, etc.
8) We suggest you use Abby FineReader but if you have better software, that is okay.
1) Font size and font choice is not important (i.e. it does not matter if headers are a larger font size than the the general text; it does not matter if you use Arial, Times New Roman, etc for the font).
2) All words are English. But a very small number of English words have vowel marks. The vowel marks do not need to be retained (will make the project easier).
3) Don't bother with any table of contents at the beginning.
How to Apply/Bid
1) Review the PDF file.
2) Perform a sample on a couple of pages (such as pages 101-102) to show what your work looks like.
3) I'm flexible on working by the book (project) or by the hour. I'm willing to work with more than one bidder because we have a lot of work.
16 freelancers are bidding on average $160 for this job
Hello, I am working in Abby FineReader since 2000 when I was student. I completed many e-books conversion projects and very interested to provide affordable service in this project. Regards, Kalidas Saha
Experienced data entry operators for your service. Details of the projects worked are on the PMB, please check. And, for your information there is no file attached. Regards, William