Turnkey Duplicator for Sony XDCAM, Mass Copy and Validation of Known MXF/XML Files
This project received 2 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $2917 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
I am in need of a custom standalone Windows 7 application that will perform reliable and efficient duplication of XDCAM optical disc media (a type of Blu-ray disc for professional video recording) from a master XDCAM disc.
The optical drive hardware to be used for duplication is a proprietary model by Sony. Details of the drive are as below. The duplicator system will be a Windows 7 Pro desktop PC, starting with 4 of these drives connected via USB 2.0.
[ Drive Details ]
USB2.0 XDCAM Disc Drive
[url removed, login to view]
[ Expected Deliverables ]
- Simple GUI as primary interface and command line interaction as an option.
- Objective itself isn't very sophisticated. It's essentially a glorified file-duplicator. That said, reliability is paramount as we need to be absolutely certain that the duplicated discs containt bit-for-bit identical copies to the master disc.
- Maximum number of duplications expected to be done in a single duplication job is 200 discs. There should be no need to 'guide' the application. The only expected USER labor during duplication is manually exchanging duplicated discs with new blanks in to the duplicator drives.
[ Workflow Procedures - Simplified ] (Full Procedures also Available Upon
1) Review MXF playback of XDCAM master disc.
2) Derive MD5 hash of known MXF and XML files.
3) Unwrap MXF to derive MD5 hash of essence files.
4) Copy above MXF and XML to local HDD.
5) Scrape XML according to attached schema and automatically populate Excel sheet to printout labels with.
6) Perform disc duplication as soon as user inserts blank discs in to all drives.
7) Before ejecting discs after duplication, derive MD5 hash of duplicated XML file and validate against master from 2).
8) Before ejecting discs after duplication, unwrap MXF to derive MD5 hash of duplicated essence files and validate against master from 2).
9) Repeat disc duplication until specified duplication volume is achieved.
10) Printout a completion report with list of all MD5 hashes and validation results of master disc and duplicated discs.
Due to the Sony-proprietary nature of the drives and the MXF files written to the discs themselves, I am assuming that the developer will leverage existing standalone programs by Sony and other vendors that are freely available for download from the web. These programs may be externally launched, embedded or otherwise called from the host application via the program language's native library.
Furthermore, what the application tries to achieve is fairly straightforward. I would prefer that Python, PHP or Perl (in this order of preference) be used to develop this application and make any necessary calls to external programs as mentioned above, but it would be acceptable to implement this wholly in Visual C# if there is compelling reason to do so and the full source code is provided with the delvierable.
A workflow overview is as in the attached PDF. Full procedures description (expands on the above, 23 steps in all) also available once started.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online