Talented Python Django Developer (CouchDB, Twilio, VoIP, Freeswitch, PostgresSQL, ActiveMQ)
- Status Closed
- Budget $8 - $15 USD / hour
- Total Bids 11
We're a social enterprise that is building a unique platform that enables organizations to launch one-way and two-way SMS and Voice campaigns around the world, especially in developing countries.
We've been building our Django (middle layer) and Java (back end) based platform for the past few months and are looking to add some more talented Python Django developers to our team.
Our platform is new, so we're using the latest technologies in our stack such as Python Django, PostgresSQL, CouchDB, Twilio's API, Nginx, and Plivo/Freeswitch. Our back end messaging engine is running Java on Tomcat and we're managing job queues with ActiveMQ. Our front-end is using JQuery. The system is deployed in a scalable cloud infrastructure.
You will be instrumental in helping the team build and launch the platform. You will be expected to give input on architecture, help design for scale, and implement a distributed web services model using cloud providers.
We're looking for people we can work with on an ongoing basis for months and years. You will go through a 2-6 week paid trial and possibly be brought on as a permanent member of the team working on a month salary which includes vacations and sick days.
Because we're a globally distributed team, you must have strong communications skills. You must communicate regularly about your ideas, thoughts, suggestions, and concerns. We look for all team members to contribute new ideas and think critically about existing code to help the product succeed in the market - not just follow instructions.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Strong problem solving skills
* Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills
* Expert in Python and its libraries including Django
* Designing and deploying REST web service
* Experience with databases, both NoSQL (CouchDB), and RDBMS (MySQL & PostgresSQL)
* Experience working with queue implementations such as ActiveMQ (AWS queuing service a plus)
* Competently evaluate scalability trade-offs (memory, disk IO, CPU) for a high volume system
* Writing test cases and using testing frameworks like Selenium
* Experience with Voice (e.g. Asterisk, Twilio, etc) and SMS systems a plus
* Minimum 2 years building production Python applications
* Experience managing + deploying to a cloud infrastructure
* Experience with software development workflows that include source control, continuous integration and automated deployments
* Familiarity with Agile software development
* Experience programming in Java and using Java tools like Maven, JUnit
To make sure you've read this application completely, please answer the following question in your application: write python pseudo code that swaps two string variable contents without using a temporary variable
To make sure you've read this application completely, please answer the following question in your application: write python pseudo code that swaps two string variable contents without using a temporary variable.
If you think it's useful, please share your Github, Bitbucket, or Stackoverflow profiles.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online