Python Developer for Linux/mySQL Importer
This project received 11 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $582 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
I am looking for an experienced Python developer, who knows his way around bigger mySQL installations.
Currently the server is running on postgreSQL, but given how hard it is to find experienced Python/PostgreSQL developers, i am open to switching this tool to mySQL.
This is a three Part project and the decision to contract for the main program will be done based on the results of 1 and 2.
The Budget in total is around 500USD, thereof 100USD for the first two parts. The tool should also be developed further later on.
Your job will be the following
1) Analyse and Document the importing process of the open source software
I will provide the information what database tables are important and what specifics of the import process need to be analysed The documentation needs to be in way that a non python coder (which is me) can understand it
2) Code a POC which utilized the importer from (1)
The proof of concept should show that it is possible to use the functions of the OSS, there does not need to be any DB functionality in here.
3) Python coded mySQL importing tool using the parsing function of an existing open source project. The import process must be optimized for speed. This tool will
run in a openVZ instance, your job also be to install mySQL in this instance.
Your skillset needs to include
1) extensive Python skills (including multi-threading libraries
2) mySQL mass data import and table partitioning
Please provide a project example (verbal description is fine, webpage name is not helpful here) as reference.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ read the last sentence ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online