openERP v6.1 Installation on VPS
This project received 21 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $128 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Summary: Installation of openERP v6.1 on a virtual private server, securing the connection via https and allowing only authorized IP addresses to access the website.
Background: We are a small trading business (<10 employees) operating at two different locations. We would like to implement our ERP software so that both sites can connect to it. Both sites will already be connected through a VPN to a server in the US. Both sites will have the same US IP address from which they will connect to the openERP server (most likely hosted in Germany). We have already developed a customised version of openERP v6.1 to suit our business processes. The adapted python files will be provided (i.e. customising the openERP software is not (!) part of the project). Daily traffic is expected to be low (max. 10 users, no large files to be transmitted).
Pyhton, PostgreSQL, Linux (Suse preferred), familiar with server security.
- General advise on choosing the appropriate hosting company to achieve the desired functionality. We currently favour the following: [url removed, login to view]
- General advise on securing the server
- Installing openERP v6.1 (files as provided by us) on the chosen server
- Implementing https, restricted IP address access, other security features as discussed previously
- Documentation, so that running server can be administered by us.
- Throughout the project: Communication on progress, explanation on route chosen to ensure understanding of procedure from our side.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online