Python/Tornado programmer for RTS MMO game
This project received 6 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1129 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
At Kulfun Games we are looking for a programmer experienced with Tornado and Python.
We are making a RTS MMO game for iOS and Android. The game is called Birth of America and it happens in 1770 in North American colonies. Our game has a client app and a server side. The server side we want to implement with Tornado and Python.
Challenges for the server side:
- 1,000,000 offline users in the database
- 10,000 online users
- speed, high availability, scalability
Requirements for the programmer:
- experienced in Tornado and Python (minimum 2 years)
- experienced in SQLAlchemy and databases, scalability, Linux
- intermediate designer skills in HTML and CSS (some things like chat and alliances management we want to show in the client through WebView). You need to have some basic skills to design pages that will go to the client through WebView, but obviously we prefer a top skilled python programmer over a designer.
- need to have iPad or at least iPhone 4S or iPhone 5 (so you can run the client app)
- nice bonus: genuine interest in game development and american history of around 1770 :)
- nice bonus: able to work with SVN
Here's a bit more information about our game and a video of the prototype (single player campaign mode): [url removed, login to view]
Send examples of your Tornado or Python projects. Explain your skills, prove that you have the right skills and experience.
Dont send messages like "we can do it, send me your skype contact, lets start", these kind of messages will simply be ignored. Template messages will be ignored also.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online