This project received 8 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $ USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $300000 USD
We are looking for a Python developer to create a Django app that would do the following:
- Get content from other sites. This would be done by scraping these sites (e.g. using Scrapy) or parsing their RSS feeds, if any. Using [url removed, login to view] might be a good idea. We will start with these two sites: [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view]
- Save the content in a database in a common model for all the sources.
- Set up cron jobs to scrape/fetch data so the content is always in sync with the source site. A one-off initial scrape/fetch would be required to get all the data. After that, only periodic incremental data fetches would be required.
- Expose the content in the database with an API (e.g. using Tastypie), so external services can make calls.
- Advanced Python skills.
- PEP 8
- Scraping experience.
The project would require submitting code to Github and having a live version while developing (we will provide the server), so we can follow the progress. The ideal candidate should be available for hire on an hourly basis after the project ends, in order to keep improving the software. If you are interested, please send me a message with your experience with Python, Django and scraping in general, as well as links to your portfolio, code in Github, etc. Please, write "I AM REAL" at the beginning of the message. Otherwise, we won't answer.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online