We need a python developer to write code to extract information from a series of text files.
This code will then be used to extract information from other text files that are in the same format, but have different values.
There are 15 different text templates, and we have around 4 examples of each (so, 60 total files). So, we will need 15 extractors to be written, and a unit test for each file (so, 60 unit tests).
- Supply the text files
- Supply a starting point, with a few algorithms already implemented (each 60 lines, and contains 10 regular expressions)
- Supply unit tests that show what the output data is to look like
- Supply examples of the data to be parsed
- Answer questions in a timely manner
- Review the code for quality and correctness
- Review the output (in the form of the unit tests) for correctness
- Be an expert at python regular expressions
- Take the remaining 60 files, and build a python function to extract the required information, and
- Build a unit test for every file
- Be able to complete the project in 4 stages:
- 3 files
- 10 files
- 25 files
- 25 files
If you are interested, please apply and I will share the starting point (the code), 3 example files, and what information we wish to extract from these 3 example files.
42 freelancers are bidding on average $14/hour for this job
I'm a python developer with 5+ years of experience. I worked on projects involving text processing, regexes, file conversions. I can automate this nicely for you.