PyQT Desktop Client for Web Platform
This project received 10 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1296 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$750 - $1500 USD
The Scarecrow Desktop Client is a desktop application that allows for a user to interface with the Scarecrow web application without having to be inside of a web browser. This is needed in order to:
- organize work files on disc -- without this, it would be hard to maintain asset structure, which could be crucial for resolving dependencies inside of things like nuke graphs or maya scene files
- speed up validation -- without a desktop client, users would have to upload files, validate on the server, fix the files, then upload and validate again. This is much slower than validating on the user’s own file system, then uploading once the validation is complete.
- provide simple upload/download interface -- interacting with the file system is simpler on the desktop, so users can checkin/checkout, upload/download with greater ease here
- We’re expecting this application to be run on Windows/OSX/Linux, so we want the desktop application to be portable. For that reason, we’re asking for it to be written within Python and the PyQt UI library, which is portable across those 3 OSs.
A detailed functional spec is available here: https://docs.google.com/a/scarecrowvfx.com/document/d/1Q2jXeP8I5P_6RG8KM8aea8RGp7p6zfR10kG-v-0tq_0/edit#heading=h.7aw7znn5nqbw.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online