DELIVERABLE: Single python script file (.py) that can login into a single MindMeister account, obtain all that accounts' mindmaps as PDFs, and save ONE single ZIP file as an archive.
STEPS IN SCRIPT (ROUGH OUTLINE OF WHAT SCRIPT NEEDS TO DO):
1. Authenticate (THIS IS NOT WELL-DOCUMENTED - you should research MindMeister API to make sure you can do this)
2. Create the zipfile.
3. Enumerate mindmaps in account. For each mindmap:
a. call [url removed, login to view] REST API
b. pull out URL for <pdf>...</pdf> entry
c. fetch the bits for that PDF URL
d. save it back into the zipfile structure
4. close the ZIP
5. command line args to script:
a. filename containing any account / login info (filename contains key/value pairs)
b. zipfile name for output file (optional parameter - default filename should be [url removed, login to view] - in other words, a timestamped zip file)
EXAMPLE OF USAGE:
* calling "python [url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view]" should read any necessary login info from [url removed, login to view] (in current directory) and output [url removed, login to view] (in current directory) containing all the PDF files for that account's mindmaps.
REQUIREMENTS FOR BIDDERS:
1. Include with your BID a JPG or PNG screenshot showing successful invocation of the MindMeister API via Python. (This is to weed out the spammy auto-bidders. You will need to set up a free MindMeister account to test it out.)
2. Outline how you will solve the problem, specifically you must tell me:
a. whether you will require temp files (or whether you can manage the data in memory - better!)
b. how you will do REST invocation of MindMeister API
c. what package dependencies you anticipate (I do not like roll-everything-yourself but I also don’t think a short utility like this should require a whole new XML layer)
3. Tell me why you are the right Python programmer for this job.
REQUIREMENTS FOR DELIVERABLE:
1. Runs under Python 2.6 (not 3.0)
2. Does not require anything complicated or funky as a dependency, especially for REST or XML parsing. This script should be lightweight.
3. Provide me a command-line transcript showing the tests that you ran (so I know it was well-tested).
NOTES TO BIDDERS:
1. I am not necessarily looking for the lowest bid - I am looking for the best bid. I am an experienced buyer (here and elsewhere) and pay quickly.
2. All rights to the software pass to me; however, I intend to release this publicly for other MindMeister customers to use freely. However, I will preserve your info in the header of the script, so that others who want customizations will know who wrote it.