write python script to backup MindMeister mindmaps via REST
This project was successfully completed by SparkAround for $150 USD in 2 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Completed In2 days
DELIVERABLE: Single python script file (.py) that can login into a single MindMeister account, obtain all that accounts' mindmaps as PDFs, and save ONE single ZIP file as an archive.
STEPS IN SCRIPT (ROUGH OUTLINE OF WHAT SCRIPT NEEDS TO DO):
1. Authenticate (THIS IS NOT WELL-DOCUMENTED - you should research MindMeister API to make sure you can do this)
2. Create the zipfile.
3. Enumerate mindmaps in account. For each mindmap:
a. call [url removed, login to view] REST API
b. pull out URL for <pdf>...</pdf> entry
c. fetch the bits for that PDF URL
d. save it back into the zipfile structure
4. close the ZIP
5. command line args to script:
a. filename containing any account / login info (filename contains key/value pairs)
b. zipfile name for output file (optional parameter - default filename should be [url removed, login to view] - in other words, a timestamped zip file)
EXAMPLE OF USAGE:
* calling "python [url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view]" should read any necessary login info from [url removed, login to view] (in current directory) and output [url removed, login to view] (in current directory) containing all the PDF files for that account's mindmaps.
REQUIREMENTS FOR BIDDERS:
1. Include with your BID a JPG or PNG screenshot showing successful invocation of the MindMeister API via Python. (This is to weed out the spammy auto-bidders. You will need to set up a free MindMeister account to test it out.)
2. Outline how you will solve the problem, specifically you must tell me:
a. whether you will require temp files (or whether you can manage the data in memory - better!)
b. how you will do REST invocation of MindMeister API
c. what package dependencies you anticipate (I do not like roll-everything-yourself but I also don’t think a short utility like this should require a whole new XML layer)
3. Tell me why you are the right Python programmer for this job.
REQUIREMENTS FOR DELIVERABLE:
1. Runs under Python 2.6 (not 3.0)
2. Does not require anything complicated or funky as a dependency, especially for REST or XML parsing. This script should be lightweight.
3. Provide me a command-line transcript showing the tests that you ran (so I know it was well-tested).
NOTES TO BIDDERS:
1. I am not necessarily looking for the lowest bid - I am looking for the best bid. I am an experienced buyer (here and elsewhere) and pay quickly.
2. All rights to the software pass to me; however, I intend to release this publicly for other MindMeister customers to use freely. However, I will preserve your info in the header of the script, so that others who want customizations will know who wrote it.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online