Prototype: Basic 3D model builder for iPad
This project was awarded to jamesedge for $736 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
Overall Concept: iPad app for teaching 3D spacial awareness and modeling to kids. The app allows to create and print 3D shapes. Core functionality is a basic 3D model builder using cubic shapes and controls similar to the MineCraft game. The app creates STL files ready for 3D printing and sends these files to either a local 3D printer via AirPrint or a print-on-demand service via RESTful API call.
- Children ages 7 and up
User Interface Goals:
- Simple to use
- Quick to learn
This project is the first in a series of 5 projects to prototype a simple 3D modeler. This is not for the entire app - just a very basic initial proof of concept.
- The prototype is a basic 3D shape modeling tool that has user experience similar to Minecraft: a lighted 3D scene with the floor plain, tap to add a cube, tap+hold to remove a cube.
- iPad only, landscape only.
- No app icon, buttons, icons, or any design is needed. No need to save the shape that was built.
- Use of a 3D engine such as Unity is OK but pure Open GL ES would be ideal.
Please see attached stories and their acceptance criteria for details.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online