3D Character Modelling
This project was successfully completed by millreddev for $49 USD in 5 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Completed In5 days
We are working on an "avatar" project which is a component of an app we're building and we need to know the following..
We are looking at using the ASE file format for export. We are creating an application (that will be cross-platform) that needs to render 3dsMax objects, and animations.
1) Can the ASE file format export animations (quick test if not sure - just export ASE with an animated model and re-import)
2) Can vertexes be named or tagged, or is it possible to set the vertex ID manually?
2b) If yes to any of 2), do the ID's or tags or name appear in an exported ASE file. if Not, is there an export format that does export them
3) Are animation names exported?
4) Are animations exported as a script or frame-by-frame? Can they be exported frame-by-frame?
5) Does the ASE format include used textures or are they referenced as a file path?
The reason for these questions is in part because we expect to have multiple separate models designed; one of which might be animated or manipulated. The other models will be rendered over or along with the primary model, and must follow the animations or manipulations. Having vertexes tagged or Id'd means we can match Id's and figure out where to render the additional models. If there's a better way to do this that is exportable (as we are rendering the final product in separate software) - this would be good to know.
I think that's it for now.
If you are able to answer the above questions, please do to the best of your knowledge. Once you answer these questions, you will become part of a private job bid for a fairly large project.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online