Acting as a member of a marketing consultancy team recruited by a competitor of H & M, you have been given a number of tasks. In each of the tasks you must base your answers on the information available to you from the ‘starter pack’ which I will send to the winner to help complete this task your prepared research on H & M and (as required by the relevant questions) the Brazilian market, based upon electronic, internet- and paper-based resources.
You must state any assumptions on which you base your answers, where information is unclear or incomplete. In the resulting report you should make reference to relevant theories or frameworks. You are tasked with the following:
1. Produce a critical profile of H & M. The resulting ‘picture’ should include information about the company, its history, brand portfolio, resource base (where this can be identified), operations, markets served/under development and channels to market. Your answer to this task should not exceed 900 words. (20 marks)
2. Using two relevant internationalisation frameworks/models, assess to what extent they are relevant to the company’s development into non-domestic markets. (25 marks)
3. Conduct a macro environmental analysis and a more market-specific analysis, of the Brazilian market - using as a minimum the 12C framework as the basis for an assessment of the market’s potential for H & M. Your analysis should deliver a prioritised assessment of the principal challenges that the Brazilian market represents to the company and an argument for or against entry within the next twelve months. (25 marks)
4. In this final task, whether you have argued for or against entry within the next twelve months, you are required to evaluate relevant market entry modes for H & M into the Brazilian market and argue the case for the mode or combination of modes that you consider most appropriate for the company in the first two years of operation in that market. (25 marks)
Your answers to the each of the FOUR tasks should be set out as four sections of the same report.
The report format requires the use of:
• Numbered and titled sections and sub-sections
• Clear referencing to models/concepts employed
• Professionally presented work that is grammatical and correctly spelled.
• A final summary of your findings (covering all sections of the report)
• Explicit referencing of/to information sources used
This is to be completed in no more than 4500 words (excluding appendices)
all information obtained – whether from paper-based or electronic sources – must be freely available to any researcher and clearly & accurately referenced.