ad corpo account
This project was successfully completed by patmu for $85 AUD in 4 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 AUD
Completed In4 days
2500 - 3000 words
In May 2010, the Australian federal government announced its plan to impose the Resources Super Profits Tax (RSPT). In 2012 this tax was replaced by a Mineral Resource Rent Tax (MRRT). The imposition of the new tax on mining companies would result in a significant increase in the effective tax rate on mining companies and would generate large revenue for the government that would be used for infrastructure development.
1. Briefly review essential features of the initially proposed Resources Super Profits Tax and its replacement Mineral Resources Rent Tax (MRRT). What are the basic differences between the two?
2. Critically examine the stated reasons why the federal government proposed the Super Profits Tax on the mining sector. (6 Marks)
3. Discuss the mixed reactions of various stakeholders (eg. miners, workers, the finance sector, unions, the federal government, the opposition party etc.) to the RSPT and MRRT. (8 marks)
4. How did some mining companies dodge the MRRT and virtually paid no tax? What accounting/regulatory loopholes they had exploited in doing so? (8 Marks)
5. What role do you see accounting and accounting standards could play in the debate? (5 Marks)
6. Evidence of good research and written presentation (2 Marks)
7. Correct referencing (1 Mark)
This assessment is an individual research project and you should complete the assignment in order to pass the course. When preparing your assignment, you should refer to the assessment criteria listed below as well as to any relevant advice posted on the course website by the Course Coordinator. It is your responsibility to check the Moodle website at least on a weekly basis.
The assignment should be written in a research report format including an introduction and conclusion. The use of headings is strongly recommended to ensure that the different sections of your assignments can be easily identified. You should refer to the relevant sections in the Guide for Students for information on researching a topic, writing a report, and referencing. You may also wish to seek assistance from the Communications Learning Centre or Learning Skills Unit for additional assistance on how to research and write an assignment. The assignment should be prepared using 12 font and 1.5 line spacing.
STUDENTS PLEASE NOTE:
Any material transcribed directly or paraphrased/sourced from the set textbook, other texts, journals, on-line material or a colleague’s assignment, and not properly referenced, will incur a penalty.
Material in the assignment that bears a strong resemblance to another source and not correctly referenced will also be penalised.
The Faculty Plagiarism Policy may be accessed at:
[url removed, login to view]
Assessment of the research project will be based on the criteria listed below and your submission should include the following:
1. A title page with an appropriate title of the research project and your details.
2. A brief abstract or summary (maximum 200 words).
3. Preamble/introduction - how you see the case and how you have approached the case study.
4. Branching out to existing literature – other resources you have used to analyse the issues and collect empirical evidence in support of your answers/views. References to be provided in the text and a reference list included at the end.
5. Identifying, analysing and arguing the core issues. Discuss all aspects.
6. Answering the specified research questions. Be precise and answer to the point. Show evidence of good critical thinking and research.
7. Logical arguments to establish your views.
8. Discussion on other peripheral issues.
9. Use of suitable examples in support of arguments.
10. A closing statement as conclusion. What have you learnt from the research?
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online