1. Critically analyse how the development of strategy at your chosen company reflects the key characteristics of strategy
2. Discuss the features of the external and internal environment that have influenced strategy development at your chosen company
3. Critically discuss the type(s) of strategy developed in your chosen company
4. Looking at your chosen company today how would you approach strategy development to ensure success for the company in the future
Coursework 1 is based on elements of strategy in lecture 1. To answer the questions, you have to include the content, process and context of strategy. You have to discuss the theory first and apply this to their chosen company based on the assessment criteria - Theory (30%) and application of theory to your chosen company (50%), Background reading and referencing (10%) and Presentation and Structure (10%).
Question 1 Content of strategy– Use slide 7 as a guide, the characteristics of strategic decisions to answer question 1 of the assignment. You have to apply your case study to each aspect of the characteristics of strategic decisions (content of strategy).
Question 2 external and internal analysis is part of slide 7 – address changes in the business environment of your chosen company (external environmental analysis) and how it builds on resources and competences (internal or strategic capability analysis).
You have to conduct external and internal analysis to identify how these factors helped or hindered the development of your chosen company’s current strategy. Specific tools to be used are PESTEL, Five force, SWOT, stakeholder mapping, value chain analysis / competence framework / VRIO for the analysis (all analysis should be in the appendix) and only the key strategic issues should be discussed in the main report.
Question 3 the process element – Concentrate only on the types of strategy- deliberate and emergent strategy (see slides 14, 15 and 16).
The context component of the elements of strategy is the selection of the FTSE 100-250 companies but, you have to demonstrate in your report which type of context the company operates in (see slide 18) and explain the focus of the company.
Question 4 evaluation and reflection - Evaluate and reflect on the three elements of strategy applied to your chosen company to identify areas of disparities between the theory and application to your company. Recommend appropriate approaches to ensure successful development of strategy.
• Select a FTSE 100/250 company
• Produce an academic report using relevant data sources from your company and industry.
• You must undertake further reading and research in order to successfully analyse the case company.
• You must critically analyse and discuss the issues of your chosen company from a strategic management perspective, using theories/models/tools, language, terminology in strategic management. General business commentary will not be sufficient.
• You will also need to consult academic texts and journals in order to demonstrate your understanding of models and theory applied, and understanding of the limitations of the models applied.
44 freelancers are bidding on average $125 for this job
Hi I am Monica I will write a report for you related to strategic management. I will use FTSE 100/250 company in your report. Please message me for more details.