1. What is the timeline for this book? The first draft must be ready by end January 2014. Is there a specific date it needs to be launched by? Target 1st week June 2014.
2. Will there be a coordinating team or a specific person in charge and how hands-on will that person be? KLRCA will provide direction and input however there will be great autonomy on the part of the writers. We would, however, appreciate if updates on the progress are provided on a consistent basis.
3. What kind of style do you want the book to be? Reportage, narrative, pictorial? Narrative and pictorial.
4. What kind of ready material is there on hand - old documents, transcripts, photos? Most materials available are post 2010. There is a poor history of record keeping in the Centre itself prior to that.
5. Who will be the ultimate decision maker for the book - a committee or a single person? The Business Development team will vet the book and make the decision subject to approval by the Director of the KLRCA.
6. Do you have an idea of what size the book will be? A regular-sized coffee table book is sufficient.
7. How many pages are you thinking of? 100-150 pages. But do advise on feasibility.
8. How much detail do you want the book to cover - blow-by-blow history or a general skim of the course of events with more detail given to periods of note? The latter.
Generally, it is a coffee table book to mark a KLRCA milestone and since we are moving into a heritage building in June 2014, we decided to have a ‘heritage trail’ feel to the book as well as the area of Bangunan Suleiman is rich with history. This is a coffee table book for internal give away. A token and memory. Unlikely to spend a huge amount. Am free to chat about the details.
11 freelancers are bidding on average $3640 for this job
I am the published author of 4 short stories and have 18 article/blog sales. I have written and edited three unpublished novels and have my first nearly ready for submission.