I am applying for a Sales and Marketing Manager job in Canada based on my skills as a Sales and Marketing Manager. First of all, my skills and qualification have to be positively assessed before i will be eligible to apply for a job in Canada.
To be assessed as Senior Functional Manager, an applicant must have a proven record in a senior functional management position over a continuous period of at least three (3) years, requiring the delegation of authority directly to three or more subordinate managers each of whom hold positions requiring the delegation of work to three or more subordinates in managerial, supervisory, technical or skilled positions.
To meet the requirements for assessment as a functional manager, an applicant must:
* Hold the most senior management position within the applicant's functional area of responsibility within the organisation;
* Report directly to the Owner of the business, Corporate General Manager, Chief Executive Officer
*Have the decision making responsibility, through delegation to three or more subordinate managers, for a range of specific responsibilities in the applicant's functional area.
* Be wholly responsible for achieving his/her functional responsibilities within the organisation.
* Have had a proven and successful experience in a broad range of managerial responsibilities prior to being appointed to the top functional position.
To be assessed as a senior manager, the complexity and size of the organisation will influence the assessment. Applicants will require senior management experience over a diverse range of responsibilities including authority over three or more subordinates who are also at managerial level. Senior functional managers would therefore have a high level of discretionary authority.
Senior managers tend to manage departments servicing the overall operations of the organisation and where delegation to several subordinate managers involved in specific but related functions is required.
****************Here is what you need to do ******************
Firstly, you need to check my resume if i have the Sales and Marketing experience, if not you need to add duties and skills on the resume to make it sound like Sales and Marketing Manager specialist. I have to get positive assessment.
Secondly, you need to make organizational charts, job descriptions and subordinates jobs description. I will provide you the company letterhead.
1. Organisation charts covering the past 5-10 years showing both upward and downward reporting relationships which MUST include:
• The Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director
• Your own position
• All other positions reporting to the Chief Executive Officer or Managing Director
• All positions reporting to you
• All positions reporting to your subordinates
The Organisation Charts MUST be original company documents on company letterhead and MUST be verified by your immediate superior or CEO. A company seal by itself is not sufficient. Documents MUST be signed.
2. Detailed position descriptions covering the past 10 years showing management responsibilities and accountabilities.
The position descriptions MUST be provided as original company documents on company letterhead and MUST be verified by your immediate superior or CEO. A company seal by itself is not sufficient. Documents MUST be signed.
3. Brief position descriptions of all subordinate managers who currently report to you, or who previously reported to you, over the past 10 years.
The position descriptions MUST be provided as original company documents on company letterhead and must be verified by your immediate superior or CEO. A company seal by itself is not sufficient. Documents MUST be signed.
4. Any relevant certified documents covering your experience prior to the 10 years.
5. If possible include letters of appointment and/or promotion, payslips, company reports and any other relevant documents.