Data Transcription from PDF File to Excel Spreadsheet - repost
This project received 44 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $123 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
We are looking for someone to take a PDF file of data and input it into an Excel spreadsheet. The PDF file contains 31 pages of data, each page containing about 40 rows and approximately 15 columns. Not every cell contains data. I would estimate that about 25-30% of the cells actually contain data that needs to be transcribed - most are empty. The data in the cells is very short... usually consisting of a 3-4 digit number and sometimes a letter or two.
*** Project Notes (Please read everything): ***
1. All data must be transcribed with 100% accuracy. We will pay a small accuracy bonus if no errors are found in the final result.
2. The data rows actually span several pages and need to be kept within the same row in the spreadsheet. For instance, rows 481-520 actually span pages 1-16 in the PDF. The final spreadsheet should contain around 40-50 total rows (not including the heading rows).
3. You do not need to enter the row number (grade) on every page as it is in the PDF... entering the row number (grade) in column A on the spreadsheet will be sufficient.
4. If there are multiple values in a cell, please separate them with a comma (see starter Excel spreadsheet for an example).
5. Some cells contain references to notes at the bottom of the page. You do not need to transcribe the notes and you can remove the designation in the data cell. (for example, if the data cell has "**" to reference the note, you can remove the "**" when transcribing that cell).
6. If you want to submit a sample for us to review (which is preferred), please use the starter Excel spreadsheet [[url removed, login to view]]. Please do not create your own. The first row (481) is done for you so you can refer to it as an example.
7. Because the columns are slightly different, please use a separate spreadsheet for rows/grades 481-520 than 521-626 - links to the spreadsheet templates are below.
Starter Excel File (Use for grades 481-520): [url removed, login to view]
Excel File #2 (Use for grades 521-626): [url removed, login to view]
Data PDF: [url removed, login to view]
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online