We require a research and analysis of technology companies in Toronto. There are two major components of this work:
First, finding technology companies that meet the following requirements:
1. Software, online service, or hardware company (i.e., "technology" companies)
2. Over 10 (approximately) employees (major focus is on small to mid-sized companies and established start-ups, not independent contractors or owner-operator businesses)
3. Located in Toronto, Ontario, in the defined area of interest (see map link below):
[url removed, login to view]
The primary focus is on technology companies downtown that are likely to have a large number of employees who use public transit or cycling to get to work.
For each company identified, a short "report" will be required with the following information:
1. Company name
2. Company address
3. Company URL
4. Primary product category (e.g., Financial Software, Mobile Apps, Graphics Hardware, etc.)
5. Short text (<200 words) about the company and the major product or service provided (can be cut and pasted from company website as long as it is informative)
6. Name and email address of the CEO/President, VP of Marketing, and Director of Marketing (if these positions exist), and an HR (human resources) email address (usually "" or ""). Google search and LinkedIn are good sources for people's names. Email addresses can often be found in press releases or with Google searches for the forms "firstname@" or "[url removed, login to view]@" company.com.
An example of an effective way to search might be to start with a Google maps search for "Software Companies," centred a part of the target area such as the following:
[url removed, login to view]+companies&hl=en&ll=[url removed, login to view],-79.381263&spn=[url removed, login to view],0.033023&sll=[url removed, login to view],-79.380577&sspn=[url removed, login to view],0.033023&t=m&radius=0.99&hq=software+companies&z=16
Given the search above, the first company was chosen and a sample "report" is included as an attachment.