Master degree level- Analyse a case study for clinical health psychology
This project was successfully completed by Amna22 for £60 GBP in 3 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget£20 - £250 GBP
Completed In3 days
The case study should be approximately 2,000 words ((excluding references)). The deadline is on 29th March 2013.
!!Important requirement: academic writing meet master degree level, no plagiarism!!
• Evidence of substantial knowledge of research, theories and discourses in health psychology, including some recent and/or noncore material
• Ability to analyse contradictions in appropriate material and synthesise concepts to answer the question.
• Substantial sound evaluation and critical analysis of theory and research.
• Ability to engage theory with practice.
• Material organized in a sensible, logical way.
• Good academic writing style with appropriate use of language and comprehensible, grammatical expression of ideas.
You can choose one of the following patient case studies to analyse.
• Case 1: A General Practitioner (GP) is treating a 45 year old white male with type 2 diabetes who is failing to adhere to his diabetic regimen of regular physical activity, healthy eating and medication. It is your job to advise the GP on the possible reasons for non-adherence and potential interventions.
• Case 2: The staff of a GP Clinic have noticed that women from ethnic minority groups of South Asian origin are not taking advantage of preventative services, such as screening for cancers. It is your job to advise the clinic on the possible reasons for poor uptake and potential interventions.
• Case 3: Nurses on a palliative care unit at an NHS hospital would like to know more about grief and bereavement in order to feel more able to support the patients and the families of the patients on the unit. It is your job to advise the nurses on the stages of dying and subsequent bereavement, and possible factors that might help ease the processes of dying and bereavement.
The response to the case study should NOT be in the form of a consultancy report but it is also not merely a ‘standard’ essay.
Ensure you address the case study e.g. in case 1, it’s not enough to write an essay on adherence but you must consider how literature on adherence and possible interventions would be relevant to the specific case (i.e. a 45 year old male with type II diabetes) and where possible, also include literature specifically on adherence and possible interventions in diabetes. Similarly, for case 2 focus on women of South Asian origin and preventative services and for case 3 focus on an elderly male and heart surgery. Ultimately, ensure you answer the question by giving the health professionals the information they require, which is outlined in the last sentence of each case.
When it comes to possible interventions, you should provide a general overview of key methods of intervention but you should bare in mind that the health professionals may only be in a position to employ certain interventions e.g. in case 2, you should show an awareness of the existence and importance of public health interventions in this area but think about what the staff at the clinic might be able to do. Ensure you consider your readers (i.e. the health professionals in each of the three cases) and write in an accessible manner. Your writing should be academic but your explanations should be clear to the non-psychologist audience.
!!Ensure you have a beginning, middle and an end to your report.
• Introduction: The report might begin slightly differently from a ‘standard’ essay e.g. don’t just launch into the literature but perhaps begin with an opening paragraph on the key problem outlined in the case and discuss the aims of the report.
• Middle: It might help to section the report by having sub-headings. Include lots of support from research evidence for your discussion of the issues presented in the case, as well as critical analysis, i.e. discussion of both sides of an argument/evidence.
• Conclusion: bring everything together for the reader by summarising the key points and making some final recommendations.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online