Supply Chain System, focusing on inventory control
This project received 24 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of £181 GBP.Get free quotes for a project like this
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Project Budget£20 - £250 GBP
Context of Proposed Project:
Supply chain management is a managerial phenomenon that has received prominence in practice and academic research. Essentially supply chain management is the integrated management of the upstream operations (involving chains of suppliers), in-house operations and downstream operations (including chains of customers) with the objectives to leverage supply chain partners skills, improve the flow of goods and services, reduce costs throughout the system, and improve the firms competitive advantage. The manifestation of the significance of supply chain management is exemplified by successful implementation of supply chain management programmes by a number of focal firms.
The main objective of supply chain management is to enhance the operational efficiency, profitability and competitive position of a firm and its supply chain partners.
1. Study the relevant literature on supply chain management
2. Select an area(s) of the supply chain i.e. Inventory control, procurement, demand planning etc. where technology can be applied to improve efficiency or effectiveness or reduce costs.
2. Investigate and compare the technologies available for developing a system to assist with this process.
3. Examine case material on the role information technology can play in ensuring and enhancing an effective and efficient cost reduction strategy.
4. Examine how information technology can impact on this process of cost reduction.
A project report
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online