Biochemistry Clinical Case Study URGENT!!!
- Status Closed
- Budget N/A
- Total Bids 6
I need someone with background in science or with biochemistry knowledge to read a biochemistry clinical case study, then do a research of the case study, and complete a case study report of 5-7 pages of text outlining the background to this case, the clinical features, the tests performed, the results obtained, and the biochemical basis for Vanessa’s condition.
Please see details here:
Research this case. Try to identify the biochemical basis for Vanessa’s condition (clue: focus on the new drug she was taking and her adverse symptoms). Which biochemical pathways are affected by the drug? Why does this new drug have no gastric side-effects (i.e. in contrast to the first drug Vanessa was on)? What are the normal functions of these pathways in the body? What effect do these drugs have on these pathways and how does this reduce arthritis? What is the biochemical basis for Vanessa’s adverse side-effects culminating in her loss of consciousness? Describe tests you would perform on Vanessa. Describe the results of the tests and interpret what they mean. Read any medical, pharmacy, or toxicology articles that may be relevant to this case. Also suggest ways that her condition may be treated or at least managed.
Case study report requirements. Please follow the criteria sheet carefully:
1. Appropriate, brief, and informative title
2. Brief and accurate summary of case history
3. An initial (suspected) diagnosis that is consistent with the case history in 2.
4. A brief introduction to the biochemistry (pathways, processes) theory to support your initial diagnosis
5. A set of appropriate tests to perform
6. A set of fictitious data – this should be Figures and Tables
7. An accurate description of the fictitious data in words
8. An interpretation of the fictitious test data in terms of whether or not they support your initial diagnosis
9. Final diagnosis
10. Accurate referencing in text and References List (at end)
word count: 5 - 7 pages of text, plus tables & figures of data
Due date: Thursday 10pm, May 10th, 2012 Australian timeGet free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online