- Status Closed
- Budget $30 - $50 USD
- Total Bids 11
This is basically a university level assignment.
You will have to do the following.
1) Write a thesis statement about the topic.
2) You will have to find websites using 3 of the 5 following types of websites
.com, .edu, .gov, .org, .ca
3) List all the sources in APA format
4) In 1.5 pages, compare and contrast the characteristics of web sources you have used. Make sure you identify which would be the most appropriate for citing university level papers/essays. Support your choice by asking and answering the following questions:
Who is the author(s) of the webpage or website?
What are the author's credentials?
With which institution (an academic institution, a company etc) is the author(s) affiliated?
Which organization created the website?
What is the source? Is it a brief commentary, book review, letter, news item, or research article, etc?
For whom is the page/site intended? Academics/scholars? General public? People in the profession/industry/trade?
What indication is there that all aspects of the topic are covered?
What indication is there that the topic is covered in depth?
Is there a bibliography of references that the author/organization has used? How thorough is it?
Is there a list of suggested further reading or links? How thorough is it?
What biases, if any, do you detect?
What information is missing?
How does the webpage verify or dispute information from other sources?
Is the information consistent with information from other sources?
How does the webpage add new or unique information about your topic?
How do the visual aids enhance the text?
How is the information sufficiently current for your purpose?
When was the site last updated?
How many dead links are on the page? (that may indicate the page is not being updated regularly)
A) For your topic, find sources (electronic or print) using 3 of 4 following categories
Note: At least one source must be from an academic/scholarly journal.
1) Academic/Scholarly Journal
3) News Source
4) Profession/trade source
List all the resources in APA format.
4) In 1.5 pages, compare and contrast the characteristics of above sources you have used. Make sure you identify which would be the most appropriate for citing university level papers/essays. Support your choice by asking and answering the following questions:
The questions I can send you in your private message box.
I need this in 3 days.
Budget is $30-$50.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online