We need to prepare 16 English lessons for ESL students.
The content should be taken from our database of lessons but if some content is missing, you will have to found something online.
Our database is not well organized. You can download it. It is attached to this post.
The lessons should be split in 4 levels:
1) Elementary (4 lessons)
2) Pre-Intermediate (4 lessons)
3) Intermediate (4 lessons)
4) Advance (4 lessons)
Total: 16 lessons.
Each lessons should have the following content:
- A title (a thematic, example "Parenting")
We need 10 topic questions about a same subject. These questions will be used by our teachers as "conversational starter".
Here an example of a good topic questions:
Q1: "Do you think parenting has changed throughout the ages?"
Q2: "What would you do differently from your parents?"
- We need a really short introduction text to introduce the topic.
"The definition of a good - parent has changed a lot over the year. A good parent in modern nows can be referred to as a loving and caring mother/father, whereas in the olden days it would be a strict and disciplining parent."
- we need a short text of approximately 300 words related with the conversational topics in the "fluency" part. For the Elementary, Pre-intermediate level, it is important that you get the texts from specialized ESL source but you are free to get the intermediate and advance text from the any interesting sources.
- 10 to 20 questions related with that text (with the choices of answers and the answer).
- an audio file (or a video) of minimum 1 minute related with the "conversational topics" of that lesson.
[url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view] are providing a lot of those.
- the script of that audio file (all the text written).
- 10 to 20 questions related with that audio file (with the choices of answers and the answer).
- we need a grammar rule (example: [url removed, login to view])
- and 10 to 20 questions related with that grammar rule (with the choices of answers and the answer).
- We need from 10 to 20 words related with the lesson. It can be words taken from the listening, reading, fluency... etc part.
- an example of use of each words.
- a short definition for each words.
-- Word: "in charge of"
-- definition: "Taking care of something"
-- example: "Robert has been in charge of the Sales Department for three years now"
F) Pronunciation part.
We need a pronunciation part. It might be difficult to connect it with the rest of the lesson but try what you can.
Here a few example of pronunciation guide: [url removed, login to view]
- you should take the content as much as possible from the file "content [url removed, login to view]" attached to this post.
- Each lessons should have a title, and a thematic. Example; if the title of the lesson is "Winter Sport", the vocabulary, the audio file, the topics for the conversation part should all be about "winter sport".
- The lessons should be fun - please found some original content so that our students will not be bored. Our students are mostly young professional interested in the news (politic, economy, culture).
We can provide a list of the subject of conversation that interest our students the most.
- it is important that each lessons would be according to it's own level. Complex grammar should not be part of the elementary level and simple vocabulary should not be part of the Advanced level.
- the lessons should have a progressive evolution; the lesson no2 should be more difficult then lessons no1... etc.
- if you take some material from a website, write the reference on the final document.
REALLY IMPORTANT: we are on a tight budget for this first draft but if this project is approved by our client, we will need up to 800 lessons in various topics within 6 months.