Data Analysis and Decision Making.. needed in 18hrs
* Custom paper title
Custom paper description
This assignment will test your understanding of, and ability to apply, a range of quantitative techniques covered in OMGT2186 with the exception of time series forecasting and regression analysis. Assignment 1 assesses your level of achievement of learning outcomes in respect of the three generic capabilities developed in OMGT2186 and seven of the first eight of the specific learning outcomes as specified in the Course Guide.
Assignment 1 is based on an actual (albeit disguised and in some instances modified) set of business data that contains information about country of origin, FOB cost, freight costs, duty paid, landed costs in $AU$, average selling price, average % gross margin, stock on hand quantities, sales in units, for a total of 1080 individual stock items. The generic products are those typically sold in retail outlets such as hardware stores, supermarkets, and specialist stockists. They are purchased both by retail consumers and by organisational/ industrial customers. Some have a limited usage life span (e.g. one or several uses only) while others are durable products with a life span under proper usage conditions of several years. To ensure the maintenance of confidentiality, however, the actual product specifications are not identified.
You are required
1. to analyse these quantitative data using all relevant statistical techniques that are covered in Topics 1 - 7 of OMGT2186.
2. To prepare a business report. This report should
• identify and discuss the major findings and conclusions that emerge from the team's quantitative analysis;
• acknowledge any shortcomings or limitations that need to be considered when basing decisions on those findings and / or conclusions;
• outline any additional type(s) of data that would enhance the decision making value of the study’s findings and conclusions, and explain why these data would augment that value; and
• advance any appropriate recommendations to the senior management team of a company to which these data could apply.
The report should contain at least 3200 words. Any detailed or complex quantitative data or other material should be included in appendices, rather than be embedded in the body of the report. Remember that the purpose of the report is to aid in business decision making rather than to impress the reader with the authors’ deep knowledge of statistical techniques and terminology.
Feedback will be provided in week 13 during the last scheduled lecture of the semester and via detailed assessment sheet that will be electronically returned.
* Due Date
As the tutor said, my business report must use charts, tables and the methods we have learned at class to analysis the data, and make decision. We must cover the course content from topic 1 to topic 7.