We are looking for a consultant who can help us on solving a problem we are having with an Oracle database that is the data repository of one of the systems we develop.
As part of the development lifecycle, we run a batch of integration tests that execute our system's read/write operations targeting an Oracle database. This step should be triggered automatically during our continuous integration process, but we haven't been able to do so yet because at some point the test batch freezes completely.
Although we believe the problem is related to database object deadlocking, unfortunately we haven't been able to diagnose its cause because it happens randomly. So every time we run the test batch, a different operation may lock an Oracle object and we need to manually kill its session in order to let the tests complete. Also, there are times when it runs successfully.
Lastly, we believe the problem may not be restricted to the Oracle object domain. Our system is a .NET application which employs the Oracle's official [url removed, login to view] API to handle the communication with the database and perhaps the way it is implemented may have a connection to the problem.
We expect you to perform the following activities:
- Reproduce de error by running our system's integration test batch (we will provide guidance on how to do this)
- Analyse the Oracle objects and our system's [url removed, login to view] data layer source code
- Provide scripts and/or detailed instruction to solve the problem in a definite and scalable manner
- Test your solution beforehand
- Be easily available for communication and provide constant feedback
We will consider this project finished when:
- We understand and agree with the proposed solution
- Scripts and/or detailed information to implement the solution are provided
- We manage to run our integration test batch a couple successful times after the solution is implemented
We expect you to start working immediately and provide estimates of how long you will take. We understand there's still a lot of uncertainty, so you can provide an initial estimate and refine it when the problem becomes clearer.
When you finish implementing the solution, we will need 2 business days to run and monitor our tests.
- The Oracle version is 10g
- The [url removed, login to view] version is 18.104.22.168 ([url removed, login to view])
- The OS is Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 x64
- The problem was diagnosed in multiple instances
- An instance is exclusively mounted for running the test batch
- We will provide remote access to a machine properly configured
- We will be constantly available to provide assistance when needed
If you need further information, please ask.
13 freelancers are bidding on average $1886 for this job
Hello! I'm Oracle DB Admin and Programmer. I know a lot of tools for detect deadlocks etc. Also i had experience with huge banks DB system. (you can see that in my profile). Do not hesitate to ask any questions.
Hi, I am a DBA by profession for 12 years and been in I.T. industry for 19 years. For your problem I can help you. If you provide all the necessary information and remote connection. Regards, Ana
I am having a good exposure in Oracle with Asp.Net and also having a vast experience in analysing the problem and providing the resolution with in time for which I have received number of awards.
I am very reliable in work i always finish my work on time with fast completion .My skills is convenient to this kind of job and i am ready to work immediately.