- Status Closed
- Budget $30 - $100 USD
- Total Bids 9
Project Name: Linux/Apache/Webmin Server – configuration and virtual hosting.
This is a personal project not a company project. Time frame is not critical but forward progress is a MUST.
This project is for my son and I. My son be paying for this so we are on a budget.
I would like to set up my Linux box as a web server with virtual hosting so that I can serve up multiple one or two page web sites.
I would like to end up running Webmin, Usermin & Virtualmin all the while being able to serve up multiple web pages for multiple users.
1. Box is dedicated and currently running Linux Red Hat 9 – if hardware is determined to be unsuitable we have three other platforms that may be used but I would have to install OS.
2. Box has it’s own dedicated Static IP – three additional static IP’s not being used but are available.
3. Box is currently serving up an Apache “TEST” page to the Internet.
4. Apache currently installed - Version [url removed, login to view]
5. Webmin currently installed - Version [url removed, login to view]
6. Usermin currently installed - Version [url removed, login to view]
7. Virtualmin GPL currently installed - Version [url removed, login to view]
8. Currently connected and serving via DSL
I would say that most of the project is finished but I will let the winning bidder make that determination. I cannot get the webmin to work correctly. I cannot get the virtual hosting to function. I bought the webmin book but am still unable to make heads or tails of the problem. I have installed and configured what I can but have ran into a few road blocks. Basically I need it setup with as many of the options available to offer feature rich web hosting, with stats, mail, webmail, ftp,and the works. And I want to be able to use Webmin Usermin, and Virtualmin with all packages and modules possible.
One of the main first tasks will be to advise on the commands to carry out to secure the server i.e. tying down unused ports, removing unnecessary users, setting up with just root + then 1 user for each website hosted, setting up mail accounts (+ webmail), making phpmyadmin accessible to all domains (but with only one install location).
I need somebody who takes a proactive position and will advise what other tasks/recommendations they have to keep system up-to-date and secure. I would also like to use this person for any future support and upgrades.
I need to be able to do or have the following after project is over.
1. Serve multiple web sites through virtual hosting.
2. MS FrontPage extensions
7. Disk Quota
12. Any or all other features I need - based upon conversations between myself and the freelance provider.
I will also leave a very good review for the successful person upon completion.
After setup is complete I MUST be able to fully test and verify all modules are working successfully before the project is considered complete. I also must be able to fully administer the server through the Webmin, Usermin, & Virtualmin interfaces. So several days of testing by us will be necessary before we will consider the project successful.
Please feel free to ask any questions through PM
I am currently compiling the following which will be provided to bidders upon request.
1. Current Hardware specifications
2. Currently installed software packages and version numbers
Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online