Our marina needs to update our existing website. In short, we are looking to update our website's photos, appearance, content and character in efforts for our site to remain contemporary and command a greater role in the sales and sales-closing process.
We are looking for an experienced, effective and dependable partner on this project. We are not only looking for the skills necessary to complete the final web work, but also someone to aid in suggestions and recommendations for best methods and features to achieve our redevelopment goal.
Below are some examples of features we wish to consider included in a website redevelopment; please note these are our thoughts, and we are looking for an individual with the depth to advise us on what should, or should not be included in the proposed redevelopment.
• redesign elements of our existing site to improve its appearance and overall effectiveness, including updating content and photos.
• merging two websites that we currently operate into one
• online reservations for boat rentals including receipt of payment and executing of contracts and training
• online reservation for boating club service (similar to boat rental)
• ability to accept and execute contracts for boating club service, including receipt of payment
• ability to provide phone calls from website to marina via Skype or similar
• online map of facility so visitors can view our facility layout to locate dock slips and amenities
• form or contact page for dock slip reservations and waiting list
• form for reserving mechanic services for regular service and for winterization
• winterization service reservation could include contract with ability for client to contract and leave payment for services
• interactive ‘calculator’ for visitors to perform cost comparisons of marina services to alternates
• photo gallery
• integrate social networking links or interaction twitter, Face book, MySpace, Linked in
• a portal or access to sell or at least promote items for sale on the website (link to craigslist, eBay, or similar) if possible
• integrate and update link to store provided by one of our distributors (distributor has web store that we get storefront in)
• update map or directions page for easier use and locating
• include ‘careers’ page that allows prospects to fill out application and answer questionnaire
• invoicing/bill paying for existing customers (more long term project)
• ability to integrate a webcam from facility onto website
• improve our ‘search optimization’, keywords, etc
• search function within our website
Finally, we need to retain the ability to do in-house edits to text, photos, calendar and similar on the redesigned website.
Each of our websites contains approximately 30 pages, with some overlap of information. We have a significant library of photos and would provide content with oversight from designer. Website URL and further details can be provided through PM.