Virtualization Environment Migration - Windows OS based
This project received 7 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $43 USD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$25 - $50 USD / hour
This project is to complete the migration of Windows OS based Virtual Machines from our Citrix XenServer cloud environment to a new Onapp based Xen open source cloud environment. You will be required to come up with the best migration method and produce a step by step instruction set to allow after hours technical staff to complete these migrations. In order to complete the migrations efficiently, you will be required to automate as much of the process as possible. The initial migration will involve the following environments and Operating Systems:
Citrix XenServer [url removed, login to view] (HA cluster/pool)
Windows Server 2003 32bit
Windows Server 2008 32bit / 64bit
Windows Server 2008 R2 (64bit only)
Each phase of the project, will be set out in 3 stages:
- Research and document the Migration Plan
- Script/code the Automated processes
- Address any anomalies during the migrations
Some additional info:
- Some Virtual Machines have multiple disks and or Network interfaces.
- We will be migrating the IPv4 addressing across to the new solution. Knowledge of Cisco related commands and scripting techniques would be highly regarded.
- Device Drivers will need to be considered when moving from Citrix XenServer to Open Source Xen.
- A piece of software used by Onapp for automation will also need to be installed on each VM as part of the process.
Time frames are very critical. Migrations are scheduled to be started on the 13th of May 2013.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online