Write some Software
This project received 6 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1721 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
Hi Development Experts,
Project is to develop a modular server and client libevent based echo server along with OpenSSL (to upgrade a normal connection using starttsl) and authentication using GnuSASL.
Project deliverable includes -
- A generic server framework that can be used as base library to start with a modules. Modules shall server the protocol interaction.
- Echo Server along with client using the server framework supporting few commands issued from client to server to connect, starttls, saslauth and disconnect. These are the plain command issued from a client program.
- A detailed documentation and a well documented code on a regular basis.
- C Network Programming
- libevent to enable non-blocking io and a thread safe multithreading server
- A common server framework that can load modules to server dynamically.
- A command processing server module for the following commands. (starttls, saslauth, disconnect, connect and echo - commands should be self explanatory. This is actually proposed to be used as the framework testing and serves the basis for future developments.
- Server Side authentication from a flat file and xml (needs a pluggable authentication architecture with two implementations)
- libxml/expat to read the xml configuration for server (in general a configuration reading framework from xml and use them throughout the program)
- An interactive command line client to issue the above mentioned commands to server
- A Client module that can torture the server with different commands as load testing process.
Overall Third Party Library
- libxml or expat (configuration reading)
- OpenSSL (for starttls and/or seperate ssl port)
- GnuSASL (for sasl negotiation for auth)
I hope it gives a good overview about the expected project. Please note that this must be a high performance server that will be used to build some mission critical infrastructure, hence good documentation and understanding the key ideas is utmost important. Honestly, it can be good learning experience.
Thanks for your bids. Please ask for more details.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online