C development for Linux Client front-end and small Client server app
This project received 19 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $2780 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$1500 - $3000 USD
Need for an experience C programmer for a Linux Client environment. The programmer needs to create a front-end on the existing client API (exiting library with headers) additional there needs to be a client server application which sends and receive documents.
Project consist of creating a front-end interface in Linux (Ubuntu [url removed, login to view] with graphical interface) for a videoconferencing client (already exists no need for creating this)
The videoconferencing consists out of a server and client side. Focus for this project will be on the development of the client side.
There is an API available which handles the core functionality of the videoconferencing client. On top of this API a graphical interface needs to be build which can handle the input and output of the Linux GUI user.
• Creating and starting a video call (videoconferencing API exists)
• Creating user interface on a Ubuntu platform for videoconference API
• Chatbox functionality which communicates with the API for receiving and sending messages (API call's are available only front-end)
• Button which trickers actions which executes scripts on the local machine like scanning a document or printing a document.
• Selecting window for screen sharing.
• Using A.
Additional there is the need for creating a server client interaction with poll requests for sending and receiving files which are coming from a scanner need to be put on a server and are being printed by the client end. Drivers for printer and scanner are available, but these actions needs to be created in the same front-end interface as described above.
Key development Responsibilities:
• Responsible for performing development, integration, and documentation of the graphical Linux front-end of the videoconferencing API.
• Responsible for development of a client/ server interface for exchange of scanned documents to printer.
• Integrate a wide variety of (open source) drivers and applications from various sources, integrate and ensure they meet performance standards.
• Adhere to accepted standards for development, conducting design reviews and work with functional design principals to ensure maximum stability and quality of code.
• Programming skills in C.
• Proficiency in Linux.
• Knowledge in front-end C Linux development (x-window/gnome/KDE/etc for Ubuntu [url removed, login to view])
• Familiarity with client server communication and file exchange in C
• Knowledge of Linux bash scripting for executing and merging open source software with API development.
• Able to translate Function design in working code
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online