For years one of my MS-Access 2003 applications has been producing labels without problems using the Dymo SDK 8.0 withint a Terminal Server environment.
Recently my client upgraded their Terminal Server from Windows Server 2003 (32-bit) to Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit). Now the Dymo objects fail to be instantiated from within the MS-Access 2003 application.
I have tried everything and contacted Dymo, but didn't get any further.
However, there has to be a way to get it to work. Why?
a) Within the RDC session on the Server 2008 R2, labels print fine from the Dymo Label Software itself
b) The SDK worked fine within an RDC session on Windows Server 2003 (32-bit)
c) The SDK works fine on my development machine, Windows 7 Pro (64-bit)
d) The SDK supports both 32 and 64-bit
e) On the Dymo website I find a statement "In fact, the DLS application was written using the SDK" so it has to work somehow. ([url removed, login to view])
I am looking for someone with higher skills than myself to figure out what's preventing the Dymo objects from being used. It may have to do with permissions on the server, but I'm at a loss as to what and where.
The ideal solution would be to get the SDK to work properly on Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit.
I am open to alternative solutions, including a separate wrapper DLL that can be used from within Access 2003, passing the instructions to the Dymo SDK.
The sample applications in Ms-Access or even C# fail on the server, so I bet if we can get those to work, my application will work as well.
No Dymo printer is required for this project. However, the project will be considered succesful if I see a label coming out of the customer's printer.