Mini Project Worksheet
This worksheet should give you the opportunity to demonstrate your understanding and knowledge of Graphical User Interfaces, File Input and Output, and Human Computer Interaction.
The following video highlights the majority of requirements for your system. Watch it carefully and then read the requirements below ([url removed, login to view]).
In this exercise you should design and implement software that allows a user to design a map for an adventure game. In particular the following requirements should be met.
• The program can load in a text file of rooms([url removed, login to view]) and stores the result in a collection of room objects.
• Each room stores the room description, associated graphic file and each of its exits is represented as a numerical value indicating the index of the room to access (in the order north, east, south, west, up and down). A -1 means the exit is not available to the player. See this outline document([url removed, login to view]).
• The program allows the user to alter existing rooms.
• The program allows the user to delete existing rooms and thus remove any exits that use that room.
• The user can load and save their collection of rooms into a binary (i.e. non text-readable) file.
• The user can save their collection rooms into a text file that can be loaded in by the Adventure Game program.
• Support the creation of new maps.
• Provide a graphical visualisation of the entire adventure map, ideally interactive as part of the GUI.
• Copy/move any selected graphic files for rooms to the correct directory for use in the adventure game.
While the above are the essential technical requirements your aim is not just to fulfil them, but it should give you a platform to demonstrate your understanding and knowledge in GUI, I/O and HCI. The following marking guidelines should help you to identify which areas you should address.
• Good variety of graphical user interface components. • Good event handling.
• Separation of data (back-end) and GUI (front-end). • Effective file input output handling.
• Good use HCI concepts and principle • Organisation of code and comments
• Extra features that contribute to the usability of your product.
The software product is worth 65% of the final mark for this worksheet. The discussion of HCI & Usability is worth 35%.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the time frame
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Bids on this Project
I have 8+ years of experience in the field. Within this period, I have worked with well established small businesses, non-profit organizations and growing start-ups.This experience helped me develop a good design perception which guides me at every step to make sure the design I produce is pixel perfect.Whether you're looking for a corporate re-branding or website design that captures leads, encourages user sign-ups, presents useful information or simply shows something that deserves much needed attention, I can give you a design which does exactly what you want it to do.I can assure you a high-end design which not only looks good but also does what it's supposed to do, efficiently! You'll also be glad to know, on the 13th of April, I won BASIS Outsourcing Award 2014 in Web Design category. This is the second year BASIS is awarding the companies and individuals who have the most contribution in doing outsourcing work in the area of software and IT enabled services from Bangladesh.
Hi! I am professional C/C++/Java programmer. I can do your projects with highest satisfaction! Best Regards, Szymszteinsl
I have an experience of 7 years in computer programming and database projects. I have provided quality work and I will be providing it in future. I have a lot of experience in Game Design, Database Apps and Utility Applications. Please click on hire button on left side to get a quote from me. Hire me for a quote related to programming project of any scale from very small to big. I will get back to you within atmost 6 hours after you hire me and we can discuss it further.
I have diplomat in Java Technology, Visual Basic.NET, Oracle SQL, and Object Oriented Programming. I deliver quality jobs and on time
Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia
With over 8 years of Java programming experience, I am able to overcome any challenge or obstacle that is in my way to achieve the desired goal, I am punctual, meticulous and perfectionist.
I love challenging and innovative projects which needs some R&D. I always try to write most optimized and efficient code, follow standard architecture, best software methodologies and design patterns. Coding is the most enjoyable work to me.
* I will do until appreciate *