Graphical User Interfaces
This project received 7 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $173 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Mini Project Worksheet
This worksheet should give you the opportunity to demonstrate your understanding and knowledge of Graphical User Interfaces, File Input and Output, and Human Computer Interaction.
The following video highlights the majority of requirements for your system. Watch it carefully and then read the requirements below ([url removed, login to view]).
In this exercise you should design and implement software that allows a user to design a map for an adventure game. In particular the following requirements should be met.
• The program can load in a text file of rooms([url removed, login to view]) and stores the result in a collection of room objects.
• Each room stores the room description, associated graphic file and each of its exits is represented as a numerical value indicating the index of the room to access (in the order north, east, south, west, up and down). A -1 means the exit is not available to the player. See this outline document([url removed, login to view]).
• The program allows the user to alter existing rooms.
• The program allows the user to delete existing rooms and thus remove any exits that use that room.
• The user can load and save their collection of rooms into a binary (i.e. non text-readable) file.
• The user can save their collection rooms into a text file that can be loaded in by the Adventure Game program.
• Support the creation of new maps.
• Provide a graphical visualisation of the entire adventure map, ideally interactive as part of the GUI.
• Copy/move any selected graphic files for rooms to the correct directory for use in the adventure game.
While the above are the essential technical requirements your aim is not just to fulfil them, but it should give you a platform to demonstrate your understanding and knowledge in GUI, I/O and HCI. The following marking guidelines should help you to identify which areas you should address.
• Good variety of graphical user interface components. • Good event handling.
• Separation of data (back-end) and GUI (front-end). • Effective file input output handling.
• Good use HCI concepts and principle • Organisation of code and comments
• Extra features that contribute to the usability of your product.
The software product is worth 65% of the final mark for this worksheet. The discussion of HCI & Usability is worth 35%.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online