Convert xlsx file and formula into a JS API - repost
This project received 12 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $191 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
We are currently using an excel spreadsheet to make some automatic calculation of 4 types of tax deductions. Everything is calculated from formulas and multiple sheets (a total of 3).
It works as follow :
user fill the blue cells
other cells got filled automatically based on some calculations from hidden sheets.
user get result for the future deduction taxes.
We would like to port this on the web in order to ease the process and avoid people to buy excel or download openoffice.
We need you to transform the formulas in a JS library / framework, that will could use on the website.
To sum up, we want you to create one or multiple JS files with namespace and separate function. This files will expose public function in order to query and help to develop the HTML part that will render the results.
This is a one time schedule thing, no other project will be based on this. We do not need you to produce any design or html wireframe.
More informations :
1. Take a look at [url removed, login to view]
This will allow you to fill the blue area.
Filling the blue area will give you some result in each cells. These result comes from calculation that are made by hidden sheets.
2. Look at [url removed, login to view],
You will see the same sheet as the [url removed, login to view] + other sheets that allow the calculation for each results cells.
The three sheets are linked and work together.
One calculate some tax, an other one calculate the income, an other one is in charge of percent, etc...
There are more than 20 separate functions.
3. You have some default value that make all of this working. This default value should be taken as configurable value at the top of the JS lib. Thus when init the JS and if the rules are changing it will be easy to update the calculation.
4. All the logic part in the sheet should never be expose to the end user. If some developer access to the JS lib/api he should just ask for a function like : tax_without_xx_and()
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online