Develop a web-based application in Django
This project received 10 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $893 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
Broadband is still relatively expensive in Nigeria, and there is an opportunity to meet the need of those who would like to download large files, but who cannot afford the $6/GB required.
I know a couple of ISPs who I can purchase off-peak bandwidth from at a discount, and I believe I can pass these savings off to my prospective customers.
I have envisioned a site called [url removed, login to view], which will make it possible for customers to submit links to online resources which they want to download, and then we download it for them, then physically deliver it on 4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB SDCards via post/courier. We have done the maths and customers could be saving as much as 45% - depending on volume of download.
In addition, we intend to create a link of "receivers" which are businesses such as cybercafe's that will exist as middle-men to ensure that customers get their Downloads
Monetization will occur by selling both download capacity and storage to users.
As a software developer myself, I have done some work already, and I believe these pictures will speak the thousand words. In addition, the interface and functionality is inspired by the new WebUI-aria2 which can be found at [url removed, login to view]
1. I expect that the download mechanism will be based on aria2. It has a beautiful API and support for torrent and urls.
2. The web app will be developed in Django, jQuery, Bootstrap and probably angularJS
3. It will be responsive
1. The "Downloading" menu will contain files the current user is downloading. User can have an unlimited number of downloads, but is allowed to download only one file per time, while others are queued. The queue is FIFO.
2. The "Downloaded" menu will contain files that have been successfully downloaded completely. The system will automatically move files from "Downloading" to "Downloaded". User can have unlimited number of files here, but each file will be purged after a period of 30days.
3. "My Drive" will contain files that the user would have moved from "Donwloaded" to "My Drive". Users will get free 5GB for "My Drive", but can purchase more storage
4. "Delivery" will make it possible for customers to request a batch of files to be delivered to them. Files will be zipped, password encrypted - with password set at the time of selection. SDcard(4/8/16/32GB) will have to be purchased before checkout by the customer (using balance from his/her storage quota). The minimum SDcard capacity will be automatically set by the system, based on the compressed archive size i.e a customer can not send a 10GB archive on a 4GB SDCard.
5. "Invite" is a simple page containing a custom invite link for the customer, and a form to allow sending invites to emails. This will be the base of the referral system, which allows users to earn 500MB of storage for each referral.
6. "Sharing" allows users to share their files, via a custom link. Users who receive this link get the option to download the file, or signup to request a physical delivery.
7. Search functionality: Search will be based on the menu. A search on Downloaded or Downloading or My Drive.
8. Account Menu is as indicated. Nothing new here Profile, Orders(Delivery Orders) and history(Download history)
9. Add brings up a dialog (see the WebUI-aria2 app for details)
Clicking on the files name in "Downloading" or "Downloaded" or "My Drive" should display the details of the file in an overlay dialog
I am sure with these user details, you can plan the admin page. Some functionality will include:
1. Manage users
2. Manage resellers
3. Manage downloads (downloading, downloaded)
4. Manage system (aria2 config, storage locations etc)
5. Manage orders
Upon request, I can provide the source of what I have done so far.
I need this job concluded in 2 weeks.
Only contact me if you think this is your specialty - no experimenting with this job. And of course, feel free to contact me for additional details.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online