I need an application similar to "ObjectDock" or "Winstep Nexus", but stays on top of all applications, including Windows 8 Metro apps that are in full screen mode. This application will run on an unattended public kiosk (touch screen), and allow users to switch between full screen applications.
The application does not require all of the extra features of the mentioned examples. It only needs the basics in order to allow navigation between full screen applications.
- Needs to be a simple dock/application launcher.
- Stays on top of all windows, including Windows 8 Metro apps that are in full screen mode.
- Allows you to add icons/shortcuts to the dock that launch applications, and/or bring the selected (already open) application to the front.
- Allow you to add an argument to the shortcut (similar to ObjectDock and Winstep Nexus) e.g. an argument to a Google Chrome shortcut "--kiosk [url removed, login to view]". This would open up the site "[url removed, login to view]" in Google Chrome's full screen "kiosk mode".
- Does not allow users (only admin) to modify the dock in any way.
- Allow admin to select a background (png) image for the dock.
- Display icons in the exact size of the png image used.
- When an icon is selected by the user, some kind of animation, or image change would be nice. For example, if the icon is selected/touched, the icon switches to a new secondary image. A lot like an animated button on a web page.
If you have already done something similar, it would be great to see it.
2 freelancers are bidding on average $806 for this job
Hi, I am windows 8 apps developer, I can make this parent window application which will allow all child application inside the main window. This is what i Understand. Thanks