Develop a mobile app for non smart phones
- Status Closed
- Budget min $5000 USD
- Total Bids 23
This project will develop a mobile app for non smart phones and androids that will provide a means for farmers in subsaharan Africa to get quick access to information they need from key agricultural players (agro companies, restaurants, farmer insurance) in order for the farmers to improve crop yield and better manage crop inventory. Such information includes where to obtain seeds, pesticides, storage, weather conditions, crop demand, etc.
The product will serve as a "social network" between farmers and the key agricultural players, with the following functioning scenario:
- Farmers will create their profile (name, location, type of products/crops produced).
- Upon completing a profile, farmers get routine messages relevant to their profiles, or upon their request. These messages will be pulled from a database of what the key agricultural players have available.
- Most importantly, the app will have a reward system set up where farmers will get points by growing more nutritious crops. Such will be tracked by allowing companies that purchase the nutritious crops to reward the farmers with a credit system tracked by the app.
So far, the functionality that will likely be needed are:
1) A RDBMS of key agricultural players in the region (we can provide information about obtaining the data. Also see similar product [url removed, login to view] that already has most of the database tables that may be needed)
2) A CMS (web or any other choice) to provide an admin interface for managing the database. Farmers and key agro subjects should also have a means to access their profiles on the web (Most key agricultural subjects will have profiles setup in the database development). Farmers should also be able to work exclusively on their phones offline (using the app + sms system)
3) A simple phone UI (text, images and illustrations) that will allow farmers to push their profile information, and receive relevant results
4) Hosting service for the completed app (the project could find its own host as well)
Please give a cost estimate for this before we decide to move forward providing the design we have in mind, which can be redefined based on your suggestions.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online