Would you like to join our next big thing? We’re a company serving an professional advanced online tool (SaaS) that solves everyday tasks, to more than [url removed, login to view] users in over 100 countries. We’re having so many ideas and things we would like to do, but are limited by our current platform (VB6 and Classic ASP code and MS SQL 2000). We would like to take all our knowledge experienced from our current platform and bring it into web 2.0 world. We’re seeking a software architect that has the drive and experience, to build this from scratch, being visionary and build something not seen before. You will be responsible for making things happen and you will lead developers around the world, in order to create the new cutting edge online service, scaled to millions of users and terabytes of data.
You will be working closely together with some very visionary and tough guys in the industry, who are known never to give up and only seek for the best. We have the ideas and users already, and you are expected to bring them to life.
* Transform current web 1.0 platform to web 2.0 (or even 3.0)
* Build an open API, to base future development on
* We already have several projects in pipeline that will be start-up now, iPad/Android apps, desktop applications (Mac/Win), third party integrations etc
* Will be 100% responsible for this project
* Will be part of exciting and visionary plan of growth of a well founded 13 year old stable company
Has knowledge and understands all parts of the development cycle and can make people work together and take the right decision, in all areas like backend (db/MS-SQL), web (IIS), frontend (AJAX,REST etc), infrastructure (AWS) as well as end-user understanding (UI/UX) etc.
You have had work experience in similar setup having full responsibility of the whole development process, dealing with scalable systems and thousands of users, yet still have the full overview at any time. And you know software needs to be tested well, before hitting the end-users.
* Minimum of 10 years of overall software development experience on various development platforms, with at least 9+ years of exposure on the .Net platform.
* Minimum of 5+ years of experience in architecture and technical strategy.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience on Amazon AWS platform (not just EC2).
* Deep technical understanding of complex, high performance, multi-tier customer facing web applications.
* Demonstrated communication and management skills, including the ability to lead a software development team.
* Strong background in object oriented design and modular system and component development.
* Strong domain knowledge in applications, services and systems architecture
* Good understanding of information architecture and data modeling
* Skills leveraging SOA technologies such as web services, SOAP, JSON, and REST architectures.
* Strong background in consultative, strategic and collaborative approaches to technology delivery that helps move businesses forward.
* Fluency with reading and creating UML diagrams, Use Case diagrams and other modeling technologies.
* High degree of comfort with all aspects of the software development life cycle.
* This is a remote job / work from home, but you’ll have webcam and online meetings often with management team
We look forward meeting you.