YouTube to MP3 software
This project received 20 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $7390 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budgetmin $5000 USD
Create a software program for Windows
The software allows the user to copy-paste a YouTube URL, select an output format (AVI, MKV, MP4, MPG, 3GP, VCD, SVCD, DVD, FLV, MP3, WAV), a bit-rate quality for the MP3 file he wants, and click 'Download'. The software will find the YouTube source file (there is a method for this), download it, convert it to the requested format (usually MP3) with an open-source encoder, and save it on the user's hard drive.
If the user adds multiple videos before they finished downloading, they should be put in a queue.
Now, the method for extracting the YouTube source file (the video) changes frequently (every 3-4 days). So this will be an ongoing project. The part of finding the YouTube source file also needs to be a web service that the software connects to, so that the user doesn't need to update his software every time YouTube changes the location of it's video source file.
You also need to create this web service that the software connects to and update it regularly.
Ideally, the software would 'remember' the settings from the last time it connected to the web service and only connect again to the web service when the video download failed, to check if there are new settings. This will make sure the software keeps working when the web service is down, and that the web service doesn't get overloaded.
The winning bidder must be available to change the code within 24 hours and preferably faster, so that the software can keep working when YouTube changes something again.
- the software needs to be wrapped in an installer that allows me to monetize, development kit provided
- when an update is available, the software needs to alert the user with a prompt that lists the improvements and/or bug fixes and ask him to download and install the new version. Updating the software also passes the user through the co-install monetization platform again.
- on installation, shortcuts to a few websites need to be placed on desktop and in Favorites
- the software needs to check the source code of websites that the user visits in his browser and if it detects code (like a URL) that is recognized by the system, it should perform an action (like changing the URL or code). The list of URL's and code that needs to be replaced by the software should also be regularly checked and downloaded by the software, using the web service. For example: When the user visits a video on [url removed, login to view], the software should add Download this video and Save as MP3 buttons buttons on the YouTube website directly under the video. But not only on YouTube, other video sites as well. The software should allow me to add/change any URL/code that the software should look for in a website's source code and allow me to replace it or add my own in a specific location.
That's the basic functionality, but it needs to be done well. Installation and use of the software needs to be idiot proof. The user interface needs to be good.
Please quote a fixed price and development time frame for the functionality as mentioned above. Then also quote your price per hour for further development of extra features and maintenance.
Please mention the coding language in which you intend to write this software.
You must provide URL and screenshots of software you previously developed or your bid will not be valid.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online