I want to generate a comprehensive list of active .onion websites. To do so, I need a program or script that will do the following:
1. Create a string that matches the following pattern: 16-characters, letters a-z, and decimal digits beginning with 2 and ending with 7
2. Add the .onion extension to the string to create the web address
3. ping the resulting site
4. if the ping is unsuccessful, move on to the next address. If the ping is successful, indicating an active site, write the "known good" address to a file and move on to the next address.
5. the file must be cumulative. That is, it must generate a full list rather than continually overwrite the file
6. the program or script must be able to be paused and restarted without starting over- I should be able to restart my computer and pick up where I left off OR at a reasonable "save point".
The overall objective is to create a comprehensive list of all "known good" sites based on ping results, without duplicates or omissions.