Script or tool to generate a list of all possible strings given certain characters, add an TLD extension and ping
This project received 20 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $152 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
I want to generate a comprehensive list of active .onion websites. To do so, I need a program or script that will do the following:
1. Create a string that matches the following pattern: 16-characters, letters a-z, and decimal digits beginning with 2 and ending with 7
2. Add the .onion extension to the string to create the web address
3. ping the resulting site
4. if the ping is unsuccessful, move on to the next address. If the ping is successful, indicating an active site, write the "known good" address to a file and move on to the next address.
5. the file must be cumulative. That is, it must generate a full list rather than continually overwrite the file
6. the program or script must be able to be paused and restarted without starting over- I should be able to restart my computer and pick up where I left off OR at a reasonable "save point".
The overall objective is to create a comprehensive list of all "known good" sites based on ping results, without duplicates or omissions.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online