Solidworks Drawing / Design
This project was successfully completed by Technodraft for $555 AUD in 10 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 AUD
Completed In10 days
I'm building a robotic cutting system for use in my picture framing business. I've previously built a similar system, but wish to create a new system that has a lot more features than our existing.
Our current system pushes 600cm long pieces of timber into a framing say. The timber is then clamped using pneumatic clamps and then a pneumatically operated double miter saw cuts the frames. Each frame is a custom size. The system is run from a software program that we have designed in-house. It basically optimizes the cuts based on all the frames that need to be cut each day.
Our current system uses a 4200oz stepper motor and a toothed belt drive. There are a few issues with this
1. The stepper motor sometimes loses steps if the timber is bent or twisted and can't be pushed. This results in frames of the wrong size
2. The belt is prone to flapping around and also stretching (the belt is around 14m long)
3. The electronics are such that the system runs quite slowly.
We built Version 1 of the machine to prove the concept. We have been running it for over a year and its been quite good. However, we have found lots of improvement that we thing we can make. These include
1. Auto loading of timber so that we can put 10 pieces into a hopper and then just leave it to cut away.
2. Upgrade to servo motors so that we get a closed loop and can account for missed steps
3. Upgrade to a motion controller board with many input/outputs as well as servo controls so that we can move a lot faster and control more functions (ie,
checking if the saw has returned to home position via a proximity switch before pushing the timber.
[url removed, login to view] to a rack and pinion and Hiwin rail to increase speed and accuracy.
I've already sourced a lot of the components for the project, including
1. Servo Motors and controllers
2. Motion controller cards
3. Structural steel to mount the drive components
4. Rack and Pinion
5. Proximity Switches
6. Hiwin rails and carriages.
The project is basically
Help design and draw the loading/drive/clamping system in solidworks - I have CAD drawings of many of the components. I don't know how to use solidworks very well, but I do have concept of how I want the components to go together. I need it drawing in 3D so that I can create the parts that I'm missing (motor mounts, housings etc). I have a good quality CNC Router that can cut aluminium from CAD files. Once the existing components I have are drawn in solidworks, you will need to come up with the drawings of the additional parts required. From this, you will need to generate CAD files that I can send to the router for cutting (I will handle the toolpathing etc). You will also need to help design an automatic loading system, based on the parameters I provide. This will include some drawing as well as jointly coming up with some ideas around how to make the system function.
You will contribute your Solidworks expertise and mechanical engineering thoughts knowledge.
I expect it will take around two weeks of your time.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online