Surgical Instrument Design &amp; Engineering
- Status Closed
- Budget N/A
- Total Bids 44
(This is a new job ad, although it looks similar to our previous jobs.) We are again, looking for a designer/engineer to assist in the design and development of various instruments for surgeons. Although, experience in medical device design would be beneficial, it is not necessary. We do however expect that you have experience in simple mechanical design, industrial/product design and are willing to undertake some research in your own time to gain some understanding in orthopedic and general surgical procedures. This research can be done on a project-to-project basis, thus, it is not necessary to understand everything at once, nor do we expect you to.
Apart from this, we would be looking at forming a long-term work relationship comprising of various surgical instrumentation design projects - some on hourly rates and but most fixed price jobs. Also, there we will be times when you will be expected to work together with our engineers and designers, working towards and meeting deadlines and abiding by confidentiality agreements.
We expect that you are proficient in some kind of CAD/Solid Modelling software that produces drawing files and 3D representations (Solidworks is preferred). We would expect to see examples of your past projects (some of which that must be mechanical in nature.) We would also ask of you to provide a cost estimate that you charged or would charge for each project that you provide as examples.
What we do:
Our company designs and develops custom surgical instrumentation for surgeons. We work closely with the surgeons and develop solutions for their particular needs. At all times we try to minimise costs to the surgeon/customer, minimise turn around times, produce high quality products and give the customer first class service during our products’ whole lifecycle. We define surgical instrumentation as Class 1 (EU & Australian TGA classification) Medical Devices such as retractors and forceps, guides and attachments and intrasurgical aids.
Your duties will compromise of various tasks. These tasks will vary on each project. The tasks will depend on timeframes, instrument requirements, customer requirements and complexity. Your tasks are as follows:
1) Engineer projects from start to finish
2) Drafting engineering drawings (ISO Standards)
3) Producing files ready for manufacture
4) Modifying existing designs
6) Producing mechanical assemblies
7) Industrial design (looking at ergonomics, shape, ease of manufacture, etc…)
8) Meeting deadlines
Finally: You must fulfil the criteria and skill set bellow. Please do NOT apply if you are not genuinely interested and/or cannot fulfil the listed criteria. (We do not have time to deal with spam or those fabricating their skill sets. You know who you are.)
• You must be freelance and thus NOT representing a company (unless the company is just you) although; we would be interested in small-established medical device manufacturing businesses (in the EU, Japan or USA) that can prototype devices for clinical use.
• You must NOT be located in India or Pakistan, unless you can prove your worth, QUALITY and skill sets (We apologise for this criteria, but we have had too many fraudulent dealings with people and companies from this region.)
• Once selected, you will be sent a trial job that you will complete. You will first analyse the brief, give a quotation (fixed price ONLY) and then work on it. If the trial job is deemed professional, on time and fulfils the brief; you will then be payed for the job and thus be used for future projects.
(The trial project will be the refinement and/or re-design and engineering for manufacture of an existing proprietary design.)
• We do NOT want “yes men”. You must be able to think “out side the box” and use your own initiative.
...Read attachment for the rest of the job description...Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online