We have an immediate opening for a Detailer to work both full time out of our Philadelphia office. We're also looking for freelance work-from-home candidates who are experienced in SOLIDWORKS.
- Use Solidworks 3D and AutoCAD 2010 to create 3D models and construction drawings showing sections details, plans and elevations for shop manufacture. Create installation/assembly drawings using exploded views a step by step instruction to aid in fixture assembly and on site installation teams.
- Attend kickoff meetings with Production Purchasing Managers, Project Managers, Account Teams, and designers to discuss course of action to meet clients’ needs. Review construction methods and details before beginning the detailing process with the team.
- Work closely with Project and Production Managers from kickoff through production and installation to ensure that drawings are accurate and design improvement are implemented in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently to solve typical engineering and fixture design issues associated with fixture construction, joinery, part interfaces and tolerances. Includes ability to specify components and develop cut sheets.
- Ability to identify and document critical hardware components for assemblages.
- Be able to organize drawing files, documents and miscellaneous files in an orderly and easily accessible manner in a workstation and a network drive.
- Ability to develop construction drawings within the parameters of the project estimate. Work closely with the purchasing manager on developing cost effect material selections and lighter weight materials.
- Ability to travel less than 5% of the work time.
Sparks is a fast-paced work environment. Candidate must be very organized, able to use time effectively, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work additional hours when necessary to meet critical deadlines.
SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years’ experience in the engineering of wood and/or metal store fixtures, POP displays or exhibits
- Experience in acrylic, wood, metals, and special materials applications to design
- Experience with detailing/communication
- Excellent communication skills
- MUST have experience using both Solidworks and AutoCAD, no exceptions to this
Computer skills: MS-Excel, MS-Word, MS-Outlook, Internet Research
Sparks is a leading global provider of integrated event marketing solutions that connect clients with customer, increase brand awareness and loyalty, and drive sales. Our core competencies include the strategy, creative, production, management, marketing and measurement of trade show exhibits, corporate events and meetings, virtual and digital experiences, museums and themed environments, custom retail fixture and point of purchase displays, and other related marketing platforms. We are one of the leading companies in the experiential marketing industry serving over 500 clients and producing over 2,500 events each year. Our reputation is built on exceptional creative, meticulous production, outstanding customer service, and intelligent reporting. Headquartered in Philadelphia, we have over 300 professionals on staff with six offices in the United States and two international locations.
We offer competitive salary and bonus along with a benefits package including dental, vision & 401(k). Learn more at [url removed, login to view]
16 freelancers are bidding on average $30/hour for this job
Hello, We are Solidworks Professionals having 6+ years of experience in the field of Engineering Design. We are very much eager to support you. Thank you. Regards, Prashant C Nayak.