Subsonic is a free, web-based media streamer found at [url removed, login to view] , providing streaming access to your music.
The Subsonic API [url removed, login to view] allows anyone to build their own programs using Subsonic as the server, whether they're on the web, the desktop or on mobile devices. As an example, the Subsonic Android and iPhone apps are built using the Subsonic API.
IPhone APP [url removed, login to view]
Android APP [url removed, login to view]
I would like to develop a Symbian (S60 + Symbian^3) version that does most of the same that the iPhone APP does currently.
Comparing to the iPhone version:
1. All UI/graphics will be provided
2. AES 256 encryption to be implemented for all streamed and cached songs
3. Removal of the Cache and Chat tabs
4. Customization of the Settings panel to reduce the number of options
5. Customization of the Player view to include “Save for Offline” button
6. Customization of the Player view to include “CD” icon to browse other songs on the same album
7. Customization of the Player view to include “Artist” icon to browse other songs by the same artist
8. Consolidation of the offline and online playlist system
9. Addition of playlist syncing between the client and the server
10. Addition of icon in song lists to denote a cached song
11. Removal of the Jukebox mode function
12. Addition of a What's New tab which we contain XHTML data retrieved from the server to be displayed
P.S.: In case, support for S40 can be provided, please comment